The Oliver Community Theatre Society (OCTS) is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors, members, clients and patrons. We understand that your personal information and privacy is important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely, and used only according to your wishes as you have communicated them to us.
We also want our patrons to know why we require their information, how the confidentiality of this information is protected, and how patrons can request a copy of their patron or member account.
In order to protect the privacy of our patrons we will only collect information that is necessary in providing the following:
- To verify patron identity (e.g. name and phone number)
- To deliver requested products and services (e.g. mailing tickets, adhering to patron preferences)
- To provide patrons with theatre and event/performance information (including by email)
- To ensure OCTS members receive the full benefits of their membership
- To notify tickets holders if an event changes (date or time) or is cancelled
- To comply with security regulations based on reducing fraud in credit card purchases
- To establish patron demographical reports for fundraising or marketing purposes
- To better serve the theatre’s presenters and patrons
- To help us fulfill our mandate
Patrons may at any time decline to provide some or all of the information requested, or may request to have their patron records amended to remove information. We will diligently and promptly comply with all such requests. Patrons are advised that this may limit the services we are able to provide.
Using and Sharing Information
The OCTS does not sell patron information. The OTCS may however be required to provide information to outside parties in the following cases:
i. when the collection, use or disclosure of information is allowed or required by law (i.e. authorized by police, fire department, government, legal document); and
ii. in an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health, or security
Ensuring Accuracy of Information
If a patron’s information appears to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required upon notification. Any other relevant information will be recorded in the patron’s file (e.g. phone messages left, special seating requests)
We are committed to ensuring the security of our patrons’ information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or other similar risks.
We will employ security measures that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. These security measures include: locking filing cabinets containing hard copies of patron lists or pre-printed tickets; password, data encryption, and firewall protection of information that is electronically stored.