is intended to ensure the protection of your personal information
when you do business with it or participate as a member. Kanata
Theatre meets the requirements of the Federally legislated "Personal
Information Protection and Electronic Document Act," (PIPEDA).
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is broadly defined as information about
an identifiable individual in paper or electronic form. It includes,
but is not limited to, names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail
addresses, and credit/debit card information.
2. How is Kanata Theatre accountable for protecting your personal information?
Kanata Theatre is accountable for the protection of your personal information as required by PIPEDA. This accountability is exercised through policies
that have been put in place, through the oversight of the Kanata Theatre Privacy Officer, and by publication of this document.
3. How does Kanata Theatre use your personal information?
Personal information will only be requested and used to maintain records in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and to:
as a member
• process your credit card or personal cheque for payment of membership fees,
• fulfill your request to participate in theatrical activities, and
• communicate with you by mail, e-mail or telephone
as a customer:
• process your credit card or personal cheque for ticket-related purchases,
• undertake surveys, the aim of which is to improve theatre operations for your enjoyment,
• communicate with you by mail, e-mail, or telephone in connection with your request to purchase tickets or to advise you of future theatre productions, and
• for statistical purposes, use information, derived from your personal information, but which no longer identifies you as an individual.
You may choose not to provide Kanata Theatre with any of your personal information, subject to applicable legal requirements.
However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the service you require.
The collection of your personal information will be limited to what is necessary for the identified purposes and will be collected by fair, open, and lawful means.
4. How is your consent obtained?
You may provide your consent for Kanata Theatre to use your personal information in two ways:
1. Implied consent - when you provide personal information as part of a membership application or membership renewal, or when you supply Kanata Theatre with payment card information when purchasing a theatre ticket.
2. Express consent - when you provide information in writing in order for Kanata Theatre to publish programs and advertising. For example, if you are an actor in a play, you will provide a written description of your theatrical background for Kanata Theatre to use as appropriate.
5. How does Kanata Theatre protect your personal information?
Kanata Theatre will:
• maintain electronic copies of the Membership List on computer systems, for which access is restricted to Kanata Theatre personnel who are responsible for its maintenance,
• maintain printed copies of the Membership List only in areas of the theatre not open to the general public,
• when necessary, maintain customer credit card information for sufficient time to satisfy the purpose of collection, in a secure, locked environment, which satisfies regulatory requirements
and the appropriate level of the Payments Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI/DSS),
• maintain customer contact information (addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses) in hard-copy or electronic form in a secure, locked environment in order to provide
subscription renewal notices, for purposes of contacting the customer in the event of payment or ticket problems,
• strive to keep your information as accurate and current as possible for the purposes identified, and
• allow access to your personal information as defined in PIPEDA and subject to exceptions permitted by law.
When you purchase Kanata Theatre tickets on-line, your personal information is protected under PIPEDA. Kanata Theatre uses:
• an accredited and recognized third party service to process credit card payments, which meets the most stringent level of the PCI/DSS. Your credit card numbers are secured and fully
encrypted by this third party service in total compliance with PCI/DSS rules and guidelines and are not accessible by Kanata Theatre personnel.
• a ticketing system provider. Your personal data, but no credit or debit card information, is maintained by this provider.
Access to the Kanata Theatre's Box Office reservation system and to payment databases is by username and password, via computers in a locked environment.
Kanata Theatre does not sell, trade, rent, or disclose personal information to other organizations or individuals
Kanata Theatre's web-site may contain links to other sites, for information that you may find of interest. While Kanata Theatre strives to add links only to reputable sites, it has no responsibility or liability for, or control over, other Web sites and their collection, use or disclosure of personal information. Kanata Theatre encourages you to examine the privacy policies of such sites.
6. How can I access my personal information, or have it modified or removed?
You have the right to access or have modified or removed, your personnel information held by Kanata Theatre. The Privacy Officer will provide this access.
7. How do I contact Kanata Theatre if I have a question with respect to information privacy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy and the protection of your personal information, Kanata Theatre provides the following means for contacting its Privacy Officer:
1 Ron Maslin Way
Kanata ON K2V 1A7
Telephone: 613 831 4435
FAX: 613 831 4438
Kanata Theatre will respond to your request and investigate your concerns in a timely manner and within the guidelines of PIPEDA. You are asked to be as specific as possible about the requested information.